Crochet doily patterns are used to make dainty little pieces that add a touch of elegance and femininity to your abode. Whether you place them underneath teacups or a platter of cupcakes, underneath a potted plant, or at the base of a gorgeous vase, the entire look will be elevated in a beautiful manner. The designs and utility of crocheted doilies are endless – from rugs to table runners to whimsical wall art.
- Crochet Doily Patterns
- 35 Easy Crochet Doily Patterns and Inspiration
- Ray of Sunshine - Coaster and Mandala
- 8 Petals Flower Doily
- Boho Nights Crochet Doily Pattern
- Blooming Ivy Oval Doily
- Crochet Doily Pattern with Swirls
- Crochet Star Doily
- Little Star Mandala
- Doily Plant Mat
- Vintage Pink Doily Placemat
- Coral Lace Crochet Doily Pattern
- Aunt Lydia's Wisteria Doily
- Two Shades Ombre Crochet Doily Pattern
- Triple Flavor Doily
- Mable Crochet Doily Pattern
- Pink Doily T-shirt Rug
- Crochet Square Lace Doily
- Aunt Lydia's Skulduggery Doily
- Chunky Crochet Doily Pattern in Two Sizes
- Pineapple Doily Pattern
- Moonpetals Doily Pattern
- Chunky Doily Rug
- Sun Coaster Crochet Doily
- Pretty Doily Crochet Pattern
- Flower Wheel Doily
- Vintage Crochet Heart Doily
- Tulip Mandala Crochet Doily
- Crochet Tulip Doily
- Easy Round Lace Doily Pattern
- Connie’s Ray of Hope Doily
- Spiral Lace Doily Crochet Pattern
- Asti Doily
- Sea Grass Doily-Pattern Table Runner
- Heart’s Desire Doily Crochet Pattern
- Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
- Mini Cluster Doily
- Tips and Tricks for Making Crochet Doily Patterns
- Crochet Doily Patterns FAQs
- Crochet Doily Patterns - In Conclusion
Crochet Doily Patterns
For a housewarming gift, a set of crocheted doilies makes a thoughtful gesture. With a modern twist to the pattern and the incorporation of some brightly colored yarn, you can create vibrant and eye-catching doilies. Since these are quick and easy to make, crocheted doilies are great for beginners and expert crocheters alike.
What is a Crochet Doily?
A crochet doily is usually created in a round or oval shape. it will be crocheted in a circular fashion, starting from the center. Doilies are typically lacy in design. Their purpose is predominantly as decorative pieces and but they will also protect surfaces from dust and scratches.
Any circle shape can be used for a crochet doily. Learn how to crochet circles with easy step-by-step instructions.
Supplies for Crochet Doily Patterns
Before you settle down in your crochet nook to make a lovely doily design, you will need:
- Yarn/crochet thread - Most of these crochet doily patterns use cotton yarn, but you can vary the yarn to make different sizes of doilies.
- Crochet hook - Check the label on your yarn for the appropriate crochet hook size.
- Yarn needle - This is used to weave any ends in when you have finished.
- Blocking tools
35 Easy Crochet Doily Patterns and Inspiration
It is officially that time of the year when we love staying indoors, cuddling with the comfiest blanket in our warmest corner, and indulging in lounging-friendly activities.
Keeping that in mind, we have put together some irresistibly attractive crocheted doily pattern ideas for our crochet community. With these free crochet doily patterns for beginners, you can easily add a wonderfully elegant lace accent to your home.
These will keep you entertained on snowy and lazy days, and since they are great for gift-giving, it’s a win-win activity.
Here are 35 amazing free crochet patterns for doilies:
Ray of Sunshine - Coaster and Mandala
8 Petals Flower Doily
Boho Nights Crochet Doily Pattern
Blooming Ivy Oval Doily
Crochet Doily Pattern with Swirls
Crochet Star Doily
Little Star Mandala
Doily Plant Mat
Vintage Pink Doily Placemat
Coral Lace Crochet Doily Pattern
Aunt Lydia's Wisteria Doily
Two Shades Ombre Crochet Doily Pattern
Triple Flavor Doily
Mable Crochet Doily Pattern
Pink Doily T-shirt Rug
Crochet Square Lace Doily
Aunt Lydia's Skulduggery Doily
Chunky Crochet Doily Pattern in Two Sizes
Pineapple Doily Pattern
Moonpetals Doily Pattern
Chunky Doily Rug
Sun Coaster Crochet Doily
Pretty Doily Crochet Pattern
Flower Wheel Doily
Vintage Crochet Heart Doily
Tulip Mandala Crochet Doily
Crochet Tulip Doily
Easy Round Lace Doily Pattern
Connie’s Ray of Hope Doily
Spiral Lace Doily Crochet Pattern
Sea Grass Doily-Pattern Table Runner
Heart’s Desire Doily Crochet Pattern
Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
Mini Cluster Doily
Tips and Tricks for Making Crochet Doily Patterns
If this is going to be your first time making a crochet doily, these tips will help you get your desired results. Even if you have previously been making crochet doilies, you might find a helpful tip here that will enable you to achieve more finesse in your next doily.
- Consult pattern notes and tutorials: Take time out to research and make sure that you understand all the crochet abbreviations and the various basic crochet stitches before you begin working on any pattern. If the pattern comes with notes or a video tutorial, make sure to consult that for more familiarity before you start.
- Thicker yarn is your friend: For those just beginning their adventures with crochet doily patterns, it is easiest to work with regular yarn rather than crochet thread. However, keep in mind that your finished doily will turn out chunkier.
- Use stitch markers: Crochet doilies require a lot of accuracy and a lot more stitches. Using stitch markers will make things easier for you.
- Block your doily: Make sure to block your doily to help it keep its shape intact. This is especially important if you are making several doilies and need them all to be the same size.
- Beginners: If you are new to crochet, choose an easy crochet doily pattern with simple stitches. Simple designs can still be stunning! Cotton yarn is the easiest for beginners, as are small doily patterns.
- Advanced crocheters may choose larger designs with more complicated stitches.
Crochet Doily Patterns FAQs
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions by those just starting out with crochet doily patterns:
What are crochet doilies used for?
You can use crochet doilies as a base layer underneath your centerpieces on center tables, consoles, dining tables, dressers, and coffee tables. They are great for all home decor uses.
Are crochet doilies easy to make?
Yes, indeed, they are. Crochet doilies don’t take up that much yarn, effort, or time to see how beautiful they turn out. A crochet doily pattern can range from beginner to advanced depending on the stitches and thickness of yarn. If you are a beginner, look for a simple pattern using double crochet stitches.
Which yarn is best for crochet doilies?
There are several suitable yarn options for crochet doilies, such as thin linen yarn, thin cotton thread yarn, or ramie yarn. The most popular is simple cotton yarns.
How can you store crochet doilies?
The best way to store crochet doilies is by laying them flat in a box that has been lined with acid-free, buffered tissue.
Crochet Doily Patterns - In Conclusion
Crochet doilies are just the right amount of dainty and delightful. It is incredible how something as small as a doily can add so much elegance and grace to the setting of a room. Doilies make calming and rhythmic crochet projects that are ideal for some relaxing time. They are a gratifying and adorable labor of love that adds to the warmth of any space.