This is part 4 of my diy doll bedding series. Today we will learn how to finish your doll bedding with a cute doll blanket pattern.
The blanket pattern is just perfect for putting the final touches on your doll bedding pattern. You can make different options with a variety of scraps put together. Added to that, extra blankets can double as a picnic blanket. You never know when the next ‘’Teddy bear’s picnic” is coming up!
DOLL BLANKET PATTERN
What you need
- Cotton Quilting Fabric – For this doll blanket you can use 2 fat quarters or just cut 2 pieces of fabric that are 18″ x 22″ (46cm x 56cm)
- Needle and Thread
- Lace or trim to decorate
- Fleece to give the blanket some thickness and body. You could also substitute a quilting batting (wadding) or even a scrap of any thick soft fabric.
STEP 1 – On the WRONG side of one of the fabric pieces, baste the fleece or batting close to the edges.
STEP 2 – Put your fabric pieces RIGHT sides together and stitch around the edges with a 1/4 inch (6mm) seam allowance. Leave a 2 inch gap on one or the shorter sides.
STEP 3 – Clip the corners
STEP 4 – Turn the blanket the right way out through the gap and give it a good press. Hand stitch the gap closed using an invisible ladder stitch.
STEP 5 – To give your blanket some texture, stitch some quilting lines down it. Start in the middle and stitch every 2 inches (5cm).
STEP 6 – Add some lace along one side and you are all done!
See all the tutorials in my free doll bedding sewing pattern series
- PART 1 – Free Doll Pillow Pattern
- PART 2 – Free Doll Pillowcase Pattern – 2 styles
- PART 3 – Free Doll Mattress Sewing Pattern
- PART 4 – Free Doll Blanket Sewing Pattern
Shop for an 18 inch doll pajama sewing pattern to go with all your new doll bedding.
PIN THIS IMAGE FOR LATER 🙂