It is free pattern time again! This month I have a free skirt pattern with a rabbit applique. The pattern comes with 3 sizes of rabbits so you can mix and match to create your own original skirt.
Skirts are so versatile! Dress them up, dress them down, and wear them with tights on chilly days or over a swimming costume as you rush out to the beach. Elasticated skirts are perfect for all sorts of waist sizes and girls can dress themselves as they pull on or pull off the skirt. Now add the gorgeous rabbit applique and you have a really cute little motif to decorate the skirt. This is an easy starter project and a includes free pattern too. Girls will just love this skirt to the moon and back.
It is the perfect project for beginners and those of you new to downloadable sewing patterns.
- Double sided fusible interfacing for the applique rabbits
- ¾ inch (2cm) wide elastic for the waist.
- Measure your little girl’s waist and cut the elastic one inch larger. For example for a 22 inch (56cm) waist cut the elastic 23 inches (58.5cm).
- If you can’t measure your little girl then use this as a cutting guide.
The fabric requirements provided are for 44 inch (112cm) wide fabric.
- All seam allowances are ½ inch (12mm) and the seam allowances are included in the pattern.