Welcome to my sewing blog!
Are you new to sewing or reading my blog and don’t know where to start?
If you have landed here then I’m guessing you love sewing and would like to learn more. The Treasurie sewing blog is packed full of sewing tutorials, sewing projects, pattern sew alongs and sewing videos to help you on your way.
Ready to pick your adventure? Choose from some of the most popular topics below to get started.
Sewing Articles for Absolute Beginners
Getting the right tools
- Beginner Sewing Kit – Here are the essential basic tools you will need to start sewing. Forget the fancy gadgets for now and just build yourself a simple kit that won’t cost a lot of money.
- Sewing machine vs Serger vs Coverstitch – Find out which is the best machine for your needs.
- Sewing Machine Needle Size Guide – Which sewing needle to use for your project.
- Sewing Machine Feet – Best 10 sewing machine feet to buy. Many of these will come with your machine.
Best Absolute Beginner Project to Try
- Cushion Covers – This is one of the easiest cushion covers and sewing projects you can make. Imagine how satisfying it will be to look at your handiwork on the couch each day!
Started sewing but looking to expand your skills?
Popular Technique Topics
- Gathering Techniques – Different techniques are needed for different purposes. Learn different ways to gather.
- Sew Stretch Fabrics – I’m going to let you in on a secret! Sewing stretch fabric is actually easier than woven fabric and faster as there is very minimal ironing. Learn the best stitches to sew stretch on your regular machine.
- Sewing Leotards – This is one of the most popular sections on my website. Learning to sew leotards is fun and easy with my video instructions.
- How to Sew Bias Tape – Learn how to make and sew bias tape including single fold, double fold and continuous.
- How to Sew Hems – This section covers wide hem, narrow hems, circular hems and more.
Looking for embellishment ideas?
Want to make some money from your sewing?
Of course, you do! Sewing can be a great way of making a bit of extra money doing something you love.
Start Exploring and Learning to Sew
Good luck on your sewing journey. I hope this helps you get started. If you are looking for something in particular use the search bar up the top.