Bless you! Do you need a tissue? Here is one from the cute tissue cover pattern I made last week. Do you like it?
Hide those ugly tissue packets in a fabric tissue cover from your favorite pattern. Make it match your handbag or in your favorite fabric that makes you smile every time you reach for a tissue.
Travel Tissue Cover Pattern: Supplies
- Cotton fabric scrap – 2 rectangles of fabric 7.5 x 5.75 inches (19 x 14.5cm)
- Lace or ric-rac to decorate
- Tissues – Sorbent brand and many generic tissue packets measure 4″ L x 2″ W x 1″ D (10x5x2.5cm) and this pattern has been designed to fit them. You can adjust the measurements if needed to fit your favorite brand.
- 1 1/2 inches (4cm) of 1/2 inch (12mm) wide twill tape or ribbon to attach the key ring
- Optional – Trim or lace to decorate
Travel Tissue Cover Pattern: The Video
Here is a YouTube video I’ve made for you. It is just a few minutes long so grab a piece of chocolate and relax. Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly sewing and craft videos.
DIY Tissue Cover: Instructions
Put your fabric rectangles with RIGHT sides together and stitch along the shorter edges at the top and bottom with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Turn the cover to the RIGHT side and give it a good press. Add lace or trim along one of the seamed sides.
Fold the ribbon in half, thread it through the keyring and baste it in the center of one of the raw edges.
With RIGHT sides (outside) together, fold in the seamed edges and overlap them by 3/4 inch (2cm). Stitch across the raw edges with a 1/4 inch (6mm) seam.
Stitch across the raw edges with a 1/4 inch (6mm) seam.